She was born in Santiago, Chile in 1964 and have lived for 25 years in Juarez City, Mexico.
She studied Audiovisual Communication specialized in Film Making at the Professional Institute of Art and Social Sciences in Santiago. (ARCIS); studied at the National School of Craftmanship getting the title of Master in Goldsmith. She also studied engraving and monoprint at Self Help Graphics in Los Angeles, CA.
Throughout her 35 year´s career, Veronica has exhibited in 155 solo and group exhibitions in most of Mexico and the US; Cuba, Chile, Greece, Austria, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Italy and Switzerland. The result is an important amount of Artwork in various techniques: monoprint, aquatint, “colorgrafía”, fumage, acrylic, watercolor but mostly Oil. She sculpted “Flor de Arena” (Sand Flower) a 13.1′ monumental bronze sculpture dedicated to Women Victims of Femicide in Juarez; has published 4 book and participated in the most important Auction’s house in Latinamerica, Louise C. Morton in 2015, and won around 10 awards in Mexico, Chile, France and The United States.
She is represented by Arte XXI Gallery in Mexico City
These are her most important exhibitions:
- XII Florence Biennale. Italy
- 35 años de color (35 years of color) Solo Exhibition at La Rodadora Museum. Juarez City. Mexico.
- Last Thursdays with Veronica Leiton. El Paso, Texas. US
- 8th Annual Scottsdale Fine Art & Wine Festival. Scottsdale, Arizona. US
- Mission Federal Artwalk San Diego at Little Italy. San Diego, California. US
- South West Arts Festival at Indio, CA.
- Watefront Art Festival at Scottsdale, AZ.
- Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival AZ.
- As part of the finalists at the PLATFORM Artist of the Year conquest, she exhibited at Art Expo New York & Art Santa Fe, by the Red Wood Media Group.
- Waterfront Art Festival at Scottsdale, AZ.
- Latin American Arts Festival at San Diego, CA.
- Artwalk San Diego at Little Italy, CA.
- Palo Alto Arts Festival. Palo Alto, California. US
- Art Affair at Rancho Mirage. California. US
- Gilbert Fine Art & Wine Festival. Gilbert, Arizona. US
- Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival. Carefree, Arizona. US
- San Diego Festival of the Arts at Waterfront San Diego.
- Solo exhibition Invisible Universes at Casa Chihuahua during the Chihuahua´s International Festival.
- As part of the finalists at the PLATFORM Artist of the Year conquest, she exhibited at Art San Diego & Spectrum Miami, by the Red Wood Media Group.
- Artwalk San Diego at Liberty Station. San Diego, California. US.
- Beverly Hills Art Show. Beverly Hills, California. US
- Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival. Carefree, Arizona. US
- Desert Art Festival at Palm Springs Area, California. US
- “La Huella” Collective Exhibition in the Centro Cultural de la Frontera, Autonomous University of Juarez.
- Sewing Universes, A Sisterhood Web in remembrance of the International day of Women, rendering an account of the Scholarship David Alfaro Siqueiros 2015 – 2016.
- Invisible Universes, solo exhibition at Agave Rosa Gallery en El Paso, Tx. E.U.A.
- “Colours and metals” Group exhibition in Casa Redonda Museum, in the International Festival of Chihuahua. August.
- “Retrospective” Solo exhibition at the Consulate of Mexico in Phoenix, AZ. May.
Serie Internal – External Worlds, solo exhibition of 30 pieces of large format to celebrate 30 years of her work presented on the gallery Arte XXI in Mexico City, later in Paso del Norte Cultural Center in Juarez City. Mx
- Invited to the Collective Exhibition of Art “Between Junctions” done by the University of Luxembourg and the museum Casa de las Americas in Miami, FL
- Participates in the collective exhibition for Latin American Art at the Carrousel Gallery of the Louvre Museum, also, published her third catalogue – book Paisajes del Alma (Soul Landscapes) Paris, France.
- Sculpted “Flor de Arena” (Sand Flower) a monumental sculpture in bronze 14’ high, for the “Cotton Field Memorial” done to commemorate the victims of femicide. Juarez City. Mexico
- Participated in the Art’s Biennale of Chihuahua. Mx
Participated in the catalogue – book of the expo Art of NYC.
- “Chromatic Metaphores of Gabriela Mistral in Mexico” Solo exhibition at the Metropolitan Gallery of Mexico City.
- Exposition at the Kind Familie Umwelt Foundation in Vienna, Austria.
- Méthaphores Chromatiques en Echomusee Gallerie. Paris, France.
Participated at the Biennale in Athens, Greece.
Awards and honors:
Honor Mention at the Conquest Artist of the Year & grant by the Circle Foundation of Arts from Lyon, France.
2018 – 2019
- Artist invited to the XII Florence Biennale. October.
- Finalist at the XI Alfredo Zalce Contemporary Art Bienale at Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico.
- Finalist at the Artis of tue Year Conquest by Circle Foundation of Arts. Lyon, France. https://circle-arts.com/veronica-leiton/
2016 – 2017
Finalist at the conquest PLATFORM Artist of the Year by Red Wood Media Group & Art Brand Studios. Exhibiting in Art Expo NY, Spectrum Miami, Art San Diego & Art Santa Fe.
- Awarded the medal for her contribution of the strengthening to the
relations between Mexico and Chile. Delivered by Mrs. President Michelle Bachelet. Mexico City
- State – Federal mexican grant “David Alfaro Siqueiros” for the investigation “Invisible Universes” Chihuahua. Mx
2009 – 2010
Award winner given by the Cultural Affairs from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile
Chihuahua prize winner given by the State Government of Chihuahua. Mx
First Place in the Painting Competition Chihuahua. Chihuahua, Chih. Mx
2005 – 2006
Grant from the Juarez City Fund. Chihuahua, Mx
Second Place at the National Film and Video Festival in Colima. Mx
State – Federal mexican grant “David Alfaro Siqueiros” for professional artists. Chihuahua. Mx
Honorable Mention in the Biennial Paso del Norte. Cd. Juarez, Chih. Mx
Scholarship from the Academy of Engraving and monoprint Self Help Graphics in Los Angeles, USA.